Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Witches and Water


Adam and I didn't know what we wanted to do for our day off together, so we decided to explore two towns we haven't been before. Since it's October, why not head to Salem and check out their festivities. When we got there, we saw a red line painted on the side walk like they have for the Freedom Trail in Boston, but this one is for the witches, or witch trials. The whole town was dedicated to this. It was like being in a Halloween town or something. I have to say their pumpkin ice cream was amazing. Seriously, now Adam is a man who loves some ice cream, and for him to say that this was the best ice cream he's ever had is a pretty bold statement. It was pretty chilly that day and as everyone cupped their warm cups of coffee or cider we ate ice cream, that's how good it was.


This is my favorite picture. So I guess this cat lives down the street from this shop, but this woman was telling us that he walks up here everyday and waits for them to open at 10am to get treats. Adam grabbed the camera to take this shot and just as he took it the cat meowed at him. He is totally "barking" at Adam!



Then we headed over to Marblehead, a little town on the north shore. The sun had come out and it was beautiful. The coast line just has these giant rock formations jutting out along the water, mixed with beaches in between. It's amazing how different the coast is in areas so close to each other. Adam, Duke, and I just played around and watched some fisherman. We watched the rain come from a distance. I love when you can see the sheets of rain coming down from the clouds before it gets to you. But it eventually gets to you, so that's when we jumped in the car and headed home, but not before catching this rainbow.

7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

so glad that you guys are exploring so much! mary and deb (bill's friends) live in Salem. Mary was here last halloween and was glad to be out of salem b/c she says it gets crazy there. so you ate ice cream!!! were you tore up. I might have to try that. that cat is pretty funny and i love the beach pictures. thanks for giving us tours. i love them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like lots of fun.. how cool a town totally devoted to halloween.. and that pumpkin ice cream sounds delicious!

Jessie said...

the beach picture w/ adam in it is awesome. that rock is ginormous.
good for ya'll for being adventurous on your days off instead of being couch potatoes.

Julie said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I love the rainbow! It is so good to hear about what you guys are up to. We miss you.

Becky Swann said...

I think I will live vicariously through your travels! Salem seems spokey, it make me think of Monty Python with "she's a witch!"

Julie said...

Oooohhh, those strange texts do make more sense to me now. I wasn't sure whether it was you or Annie Singletary that had me mixed up with someone else. I kept meaning to ask her but would forget. How Funny!

Niki said...

You guys do the coolest stuff.