Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Visits from the South


Adam's parents came up for 5 days last week. It was so good to see them and spend time just walking the city, showing them our neighborhood and our favorite places. The weather was amazing, so I guess my curse of rain doesn't carry over for the Combs' side, thank goodness! It was the perfect fall weather, sunny, crisp, blue skies. We, again, covered some territory. Having 5 days was great though because we could go everywhere and see everything, but still having down time to hang out, read, nap, etc.



For their anniversary, part of our gift to them was dessert at Top of the Hub, a restaurant on the top of the Prudential building overlooking the city. We got there when it was still light out so we saw the day and night view. It was beautiful. You can even see Fenway lit up in all her glory.



We went to the north end and got pizza at out favorite spot, Ernesto's. Visited the Old North Church to satisfy the gnawing historian in Adam. =) Walked around the Harbor, laid in the grass and watched kids play in the fountains, did a little shopping at Quincy Market (thanks Mom!). We also visited Harvard and went to our church in Central Square. We spent some time at the dog park to Duke's satisfaction. Adam took them up the coast into New Hampshire when I had to work. By the end of the trip they were pro's with the subway system and city livin'!



It was a great visit. We had so much fun with them, and can't wait to get down to Bristol for Christmas!

7 comments:

Niki said...

Aw, fun family time. I bet they had a blast. Are you guys making any other southern stops around Christmastime? I hope so! It would be awesome to see you guys.

Julie said...

Yeah, come to Asheville!
I'll bet Adam's parents are so happy to have you as their daughter-in-law.

Becky Swann said...

Your blogs are always so interesting it's like you actually go places and do things:) HA Glad you are doing well

Abby Dickert said...

I have been to that Top of the Hub restaurant and I think I drank too much there??
I miss you guys! I love seeing the pictures!

Anonymous said...

You just get more beautiful with age! We are going to wait till april and then drive the bus to NC and stay awhile. We need to find a place to settle for awhile, so I guess we may be traveling a bit untill we find our spot.

It is so great reconnecting with you. You are one of the few people that I always wished I could talk to again. I am glad to see you and adam are doing so good!

Mylissa said...

oooh...look how cute you guys are! I so want to come to see you. You know, Mark is talking about attending a conference up there soon and offered for me to tag along. I will have to check the dates....let you know!

Adam and Annie said...

Sheri, I love reconnecting with you too! Mylissa, you HAVE to come if Mark comes up, it would be so great to see you guys again!