Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Do We Really Live Here?



So sometimes Adam and I laugh to ourselves then say to the other "Do we really live here?" That happened to us yesterday. We drove up to NH to go to the beach. We love the beach. Adam surf's, I read...I promised him I will try surfing soon, but for now, I read and lay out. It was supposed to rain and be cloudy yesterday, but the skies cleared up and it was the perfect beach day. Adam surfed from 1 until about 5pm, and we were starving, so we decided to try one of the seafood "shacks" that line the water. Unfortunately the one we've been eye-ing was closed on Mondays so we quickly found a replacement. As we sat on the deck overlooking the water, sunburnt and sandy, with local lobster and clams on the way, Adam laughed to himself and said "Do we really live here?" We continue to feel like we are on vacation. It's been over 10 years since I've lived near the water, and Adam, my water baby, has never lived near the beach. We continue to see blessing daily in our lives. It's amazing, exciting, and humbling.



As we were headed home, we stopped to check out the evening surf session at a place called "the wall". I may have mentioned it in an earlier blog, but it's a well known surf spot that we like to go. It was a little crowded, but fun to watch. There are less crowded areas along the wall with good breaks, I just thought this was a good picture. I think we're going to head up there this evening after Adam gets off work...

4 comments:

Jessie said...

life looks fun. the food pictures are killing me. seafood overlooking the beach. close to nothing better than that.

Niki said...

I am with you on the seafood by the beach. That is the best! I have never lived by the water like that and I can't imagine it ever getting old. I am so excited for you guys! If you can't be here, I'm glad you are in a place that fits you so well.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

it really does seem like you are on vacation. sometimes it really does seem weird that worth and i don't live at the beach as well, what with our love of everything seafood and sun and water. maybe one day.

Becky Swann said...

That looks so awesome. Glad you are enjoying every minute.