For the 4th of July we flew down to North Carolina for a wedding of one of my dearest friends, Preston. It was a great reunion of old Montreat friends, some which we haven't seen in many, many years. It was hilarious, Preston and all the groomsmen along with a few other guys all grew mustaches for the wedding. If you know Preston, this is nothing out of the ordinary, but it was a funny site to walk into, our friend Ben dyed his blue. Friday night was a BBQ rehearsal dinner with slide shows, cocktails, fireworks, and a bonfire to start the weekend off. Saturday began with a game of kickball, typical Preston and Helen. We skipped the kickball game to have breakfast with some friends in town. The wedding was in Blowing Rock, the town next to Boone, so we got to have two reunions. It was so good to see our friends Annie, Shannon, Suzie & Brian and their kids on Saturday (Amy and Alan we missed you!). We then headed back up to the wedding area (it was at a conference center so everyone stayed there too). It was raining hard that afternoon, but it seemed to be clearing up right before the ceremony. So everything got moved back outside. As we began walking toward the ceremony site in this beautiful field...
The rain began.
As the ceremony proceeded, the rain fell harder. Everyone stayed put and stuck it out. I told Helen it made me love her even more. Regardless of the weather fighting against their plans, it all went on...a bit soggy, but beautiful none the less.
Of course during the reception the sun came blazing out in all it's glory. The evening led into the night for more fireworks, and the dance party. It was such a fun weekend and a great wedding. Preston and Helen, we love you and wish you all the best!!!!
6 comments:
looks like a blast.
looks like a great time. i can hear kiersten laughing in that picture. ya'll looked beautiful. congrats to preston!
Oh I am so glad you posted about the wedding. Do you mind if I just link my post to yours cause you said it all so well?
I had SO much fun with y'all that night. I will send you any good pictures I have when I get my camera. I even took some videos of everyone dancing but they didn't turn out. Too bad.....I am sure they would have been quite entertaining.
You can definitely link yours to mine. We had so much fun with you guys too! So sad to have to leave... It was a great weekend.
Hey sweet friend!
great to see you on here, and those pics are just precious. When you talk to Kiersten please send my love. LOVE your new apt! So cute. Maybe we'll make it up there soon...you just never know :)
OH MY GOSH...THE MUSTACHES!
Post a Comment