Fall is here, the humidity is gone, that means...time to rock climb! Adam and I went up to Rumney, NH yesterday to go climbing. It's in the southern part of the White Mountain National Forrest. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. It was 42 degrees when we got there, so crisp and clear with the sun bursting through the trees. We bundled up with lots of layers and headed out. When we got to the first place we wanted to climb we ran into two nice guys from Dartmouth who just so happened to know someone from the town I grew up in. Small world, I'm back in the northeast!
Adam and I haven't been on rope in a while. In Boone we mostly just stuck to bouldering because there was so much of it around. I love climbing, but I have struggled with a fear of heights with it forever. Yesterday though, I totally had it conquered (for the most part). We got in some good climbs, and I finished them. I was pretty psyched with myself for some of the climbs I did, but to come down and see the look on Adam's face made me feel so good.
Duke was having a blast being in the woods again. The sun warmed things up to the low 60's by mid-afternoon, and although it was a Saturday in the heart of climbing season, it wasn't too crowded at all. We eventually headed back to the car, loaded up, and began the drive home. I love going on adventures with Adam. I love that nursing and his job line up in a crazy way that we have random days off together. Eventhough that was a rare Saturday we had together, we will have Monday off together too. He's already talking about going mountain biking tomorrow, I am so sore from yesterday that folding the laundry hurts! We'll see what tomorrow brings...
6 comments:
What a fun adventure. That was sweet that Adam was so proud of you for some of the climbs you did.
When Seth and I get up there to visit, you will have to take us to do something cool too.
oh i so know what you mean about being so sore it hurts to fold laundry! How fun that you guys are going on so many adventures together. I love it.
You guys live in such an amazing part of the world. There is so much to do and your posts make me want to come and do all of it! I love it that you are already getting chilly fall weather. Oh to have to bundle up again! I can't wait.
you look beautiful, annie! how is your job going?
Sounds like fun. wish i could be with yall! its perfect weather for climbing here too--but my climbing buddies moved away. Missing you, but your posts all look great, glad you are having such a blast!, Love, Suz
ooh...i so miss those times of doing fun outdoor stuff together!! so glad you guys have this time to enjoy each other and God's creation. great pictures!
Post a Comment