First, Maggie and Ben came down the 25th thru the 27th of July. They had a wedding here Saturday night and decided to make a weekend of it. We had so much fun...of course! It was great to show them our new digs and hang out.
Next, our sweet neighbor Chris moved out to go live with family in Pennsylvania. We'll miss the neighborhood cookouts, the talks on the front stoop, and a great dog-sitter. Duke misses him too!
I got a job at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. I start in two weeks, and I'm so excited!
I went to CT this past Saturday for JT's 4th birthday party! Unfortunately it was storming all day, so his "friend" party was moved to Monday, but we had a great family birthday with him that evening. He is the cutest thing. Ella is quickly moving into her 2's, officially on the 15th, but wants to do everything that JT is doing (as the picture with the helmet shows!). Lizzy is looking so great since her return to health. She is just beautiful.
So let me back up a few days...while we were sitting around on Thursday night we got a call from some friends in Boone, NC. Karla and Elizabeth were two girls that were in Adam's graduate program. They wanted to go on a little vacation and had seen cheap tickets to Boston (hint, hint to the rest of you!), so they called to see if we'd be around for the next couple days. We were so excited and said that although I'd be in CT for Saturday and Adam had a program Saturday into Sunday to come on down! They flew in Saturday and left Tuesday afternoon. Those girls were serious when they said they wanted to see Boston! We went everywhere! It was so much fun. We covered Porter, Davis, and Harvard Square, we had a slice of pizza in the north end, got cussed out by a man in Chinatown, laid in the grass and people watched at Boston Commons, shopped on Newberry St., AND THEN drove up to Rye, NH to go to the beach Tuesday morning before heading to the airport in the afternoon.
So as you can see, life continues to be on the move...
5 comments:
goodness you guys are SO busy, sounds like a blast though. congrats on the job. how wonderful!
can't wait to hear how you like your job once it starts. will it just be regular hours?
It will be 40 hours day and evenings which is what we were holding out for. I didn't want to work nights. I will be working two 12 hour shifts, 7am to 7:30pm and two 8 hour shifts, which are either 7am to 3:30pm or 3pm to 11:30pm.
Man, you guys are always traveling or entertaining. I hope you're not sick of visitors by the time we get our sorry selves up there.
I miss you guys!
The job sounds great. I am so glad it is a day shift! Seth and I are still mentally planning our trip to see you. We're gonna get up there.
Post a Comment