Then we went on to Gloucester. If you've seen The Perfect Storm, that's Gloucester, and it's really how the town is. It's a fishing community. Fishing, crabbing, lobster. It was beautiful. We saw a guy getting ready to go out in his boat, oh, it was SO cold! I can't imagine. They are truly weathered, tough men.
I loved driving along the coast. We went through a few other towns, but those two were my favorite. It's good to see that there are still a few people who survive on their trades.
So when I was going to post pictures I found some that Adam had taken yesterday of him and our friend Ed surfing in New Hampshire. It was snowing yesterday and yes, they went surfing. I'll never quite understand that mindset, but hey, if it makes him happy...
6 comments:
that looks so weird with all that snow right by the ocean. those 2 things just don't go together, neither does surfing in the snow! crazy boys. glad to see you are out exploring. that is awesome. was manchester by the sea the town you were telling me about?
I cannot imagine wanting to surf in such cold weather either. Man, guys are weird.
That looks like a great little trip, And Adam looks like a crazy person surfing in the snow!
Nice, another Combs Field Trip report. I love those. It sounds like a great day. I would love to explore that part of the country.
And I think Adam is pretty weathered and tough himself.
I love that you guys explore all the time. There are so many amazing towns up there and everything seems so close. The first couple pictures I thought were snow...but, no, they were sand...what a cool contradiction it seems.
cool pictures.
Post a Comment