Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love Door Jumpers!

Adam was sick this past weekend, so after 3 days of being the only one who could hold Noah, we decided we needed to get something for him to play in. He loves his Bumbo and his playmat, but he's getting to the point where he likes to be up and moving. We don't have enough room in the house for one of those excer-saucer's or whatever they are called...but we do have doorways. So on Monday we took a family outing to BabiesRUs. We just wanted something simple, no bells and whistles, and we found it. For the first two times we put Noah in this, he just held his legs up and gently swung from side to side, he wouldn't put them on the floor. It was hilarious! Finally, he got it, and when he get's it, he get's it. This boy looooooves to jump! We only put him in it for short intervals, I've heard mixed reviews on development of their hips and muscles from these, but I think it's fine in moderation.



In the first picture you can see his two new teeth! He's much happier since these have broken through.

I can't believe how long he's gotten when I look at these pictures. This boy loves his dad. It is really amazing to watch his expression when Adam walks into the room or comes home. It's an excitement he doesn't show for anyone else. It makes my heart melt.



On my project front, my bread endeavors have so far been a success! I've made whole wheat, rosemary focaccia (thanks for the recipe Sunday!), and Boule, which is an artisan free-form loaf. It's been so fun experimenting and NOT having to buy bread anymore from the store!

My whole wheat. (It had a little too much flour on top...still learning!)

5 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh my word he is such a cutie! He has grown too, must be all the jumping:)
My parents had one of those at their house and Ellen loved it! what a great idea. And I used to do that all the time and I haven't ever had hip problems if that makes you feel better. But you are a good mom and I think you are right about moderation, that is a good rule.
Oh man you need to bring him to me to visit.

Margaret said...

Annie!! he is so cute I can hardly stand it. Oh man what a sweetie pie!! Beckett has those same two teeth ;) super cute right? Matt and I were just looking at your blog ooohing and aahing. Miss you guys!!

Stephani said...

Hi Annie, it's Niki's sister, Stephi. Your little boy is such a cutie, he seems so alert and aware! I went through a bread baking thing a couple of years ago (can't do it now in nyc, no room for starter on my counter!) but I used the book Breads from La Brea Bakery by Nancy Silverton. I really loved bread baking, it's hard work but so artistic and rewarding, I would totally do it now if I could, just for the smell! Your loaf looks great!

Niki said...

He is SO long and SO cute! The door jumper is a great idea. I can't believe we never tried one, it seems like it would be so much fun and a good way to get out a little energy. I guess we did have the exersaucer (which we don't really have room for either)
What sweet pictures with Dad. I miss you guys so much! We need to make a new england trip...
I was going to say what Steph said about the bread. She gave me some of her starter and I tried it for awhile. I loved it but it was hard work. Very impressive that you are managing it with Noah!

Jessie said...

i can't tell you how cool it is to see adam, one of my very first friends at montreat, with his son. so sweet! and where has this time gone? has it really been 10 years or so since college? weird!