Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Laud (song of hymn or praise) of Simple Things

My friend Becky just posted a blog entitled "A Laud of Simple Things", focusing on all the simple blessings God has given us in a time when it's easy to get sucked into the cold and blah's of January. We just got back from an amazing vacation in Turks and Caicos with my whole family (which will be posted hopefully tomorrow as I'm working on sorting pictures!!) and I was so depressed to come back to the frigid northeast. Her blog touched me so much that I thought I would post this and hopefully get someone else to do the same. To kind of remind ourselves and each other to look to the simple daily blessings we all might pass over. So I'll do yesterday since it's not even 9am yet.

-Noah took 3 naps yesterday
-I got a parking space right in front of the grocery store
-I found $10 in Adam's pants pocket while doing the laundry
-Adam was home by 4pm from work
-I got to talk to my dad on the phone and we just laughed and re-capped what an amazing vacation we all just had
-As Adam and I lay in bed at 8:15 reading last night (that is a blessing within itself), he kept interrupting my reading to read me excerpts from his devotional because he wanted to share it with me. He is one of my greatest blessings.
-Noah woke up once at 4am to nurse and then slept until 7:15am.

The smiles of my son, the love of my husband, and the peace of God. Those are my blessings, and for that I am thankful.

(Thanks Becky for the reminder...)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Annie.. those are all wonderful blessings and oh so sweet!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

you are going to make Becky so happy when she reads this. See a simple blessing right there, making a girl happy in black mountain! those are all so sweet and I love hearing you talk about noah and adam. they are both amazing. i can't wait to see those pictures!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

What a great post. yep, I think we should all write a laud. We miss you!

Becky Swann said...

I am now hoping I am using the word Laud correctly:) hehe Sunday was right I am soo happy that you were touched and decided to touch others to be thankful and notice the good! love you!