We went to CT for this Thanksgiving. Since my parents house is under construction, we had it at Lizzy's house. We all spent the morning at Maggie and Ben's while the kids napped. We watched the parade, got our food ready, the boys played football outside, then we headed over for the big feast.
Gifts from Uncle Tim. These kids LOVE dress up!
I ate so much I actually thought I was going to be sick, I think that's a first for me. We all sat at a big table and did our traditional say something you're thankful for from this past year, and as always, I cry. It's pretty overwhelming to see all that has happened and to look back and see God's hand in it all. How He has lead and protected each of us through things this past year. Lizzy got sick, they weren't sure what it was or if she would make it. Maggie had surgery. Ella fell down the stairs and had a horribly scary race to the emergency room as she fell limp in her parents arms...I'm sure there's even more "scares" we've had, but now I look around and see Lizzy returned to full health with her strength returned. Ella is running around everywhere, imitating JT. Maggie's all healed and her body's been restored. Tim has gotten engaged to an amazing woman. Adam and I have come to Boston and though up's and down's come with big moves like this, I am working at an amazing hospital and loving it. Adam's job continues to change and allows him to be creative and bring up different program proposals. He's discovered this insane love of surfing that takes him out on cold winter days before the sun comes up to meet friends and cousins in the water. We see community slowly building around us. Family, new friends, re-connecting with old friends. It's been a year of blessings through learning to trust, even when it hurts. I guess that's why they call them "growing pains".
We also did our annual Christmas tree cutting on Friday. We've been doing this since we were toddlers with the same three families. We always go the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was actually not too cold this year...a first!
9 comments:
that's awesome that you have such a close family! I am blessed to be reconnected to you...I have always wanted to.
I love being reconnected with you too! It's been so great catching up on your life.
Oh Annie what great pictures! I just love your family! You all look like an LL Bean ad. I miss you and Adam. Will you be in Bristol for Christmas? I won't be there that much, back and forth between home, Spartanburg and Knoxville. Hugs for you and Adam!
I'm so glad you had such an awesome thanksgiving and have so much to be thankful for!
I secretly want to be a member of your family! Do you think they would mind?
Becky, the more the merrier! There's so many of us now I don't think anyone would notice one more! Abby, we'll be in Bristol from Christmas Eve night to the day before New Year's Eve. Hopefully we'll see you!
look at all these wonderful pictures. i love it. Did "Christopher" go with you guys tree hunting this year? Your family's faith has been tested for sure, but you have all remained so faithful, you are a true testament! I love you.
You really do have such a great family. I am glad your Thanksgiving went well. Did you ever find Avett Bros. tickets?
We had to miss the Old Crow show tonight because I have the flu. Kierston, Austin, Cameron, and Noah bought our tickets, thankfully.
Hey sweet friend! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. We have been pressed to the wall trying to get ready for Christmas and also walk along several of our kids who have gotten bad scan results the past two weeks - lots of hurting families. Its tough...God's in it...attempting to see the silver lining. I loved reading your family - I love how close you guys are. Blessings to you guys - we love you!
i feel you w/ the teary thankfulness this year. sounds like everyone has been through a lot. God is good.
Post a Comment