Thursday, May 29, 2008

Settled in the City


So we are here, finally, settling into city life. Much to our surprise, it's actually been an easy transition. We arrived and unpacked an overflowing 16 foot Budget moving van, which Adam so um, shall I say eloquently (ha, ha!) drove through downtown Boston! Luckily we had some great movers (my aunt, uncle, and mom) to save our backs, with who we couldn't have done it without. Thank you!
Adam has started his job at Outdoor Explorations, and is loving it despite the challenges of the first few months of a new job. I've been unpacking the apartment and tying up odds and ends, while I wait on my nursing license to transfer to Massachusetts. Duke is adjusting well. Our neighbors LOVE him, of course. He's been the hit in the front garden with his tricks and at various cookouts already. I think we have a bigger adjustment of having a dog in the city...morning walks, evening walks, picking up after him... No more just sending him out the door for a few hours.
All in all this first week has been amazing. Full of blessings and unexpected gifts. We're really excited to see what else is in store...

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

love it!!! That is so awesome. i am excited that you started this, now you are going to have to leave comments on my blog :)

Adam and Annie said...

Thanks Sun! I'll start leaving comments on yours too... =)

Abby Dickert said...

Ok so I have no idea what a blog is? Am I stupid?
I miss you guys! I will have to head up there and catch a Sox game
I will hopefully be moving to Athens, GA at the end of July. Keep your fingers crossed.
Love you, Ab

Adam and Annie said...

Luckily I have friends like Sunday who introduce me to these new things! I can't believe GA! Keep us posted Abby.