Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Southbound

"Well I'm southbound baby, lord I'm coming home to you.
I got that old lonesome feelin' that's sometimes called the blues."
-The Allman Brothers

We just got back from a week-long trip down south. We went to Bristol, VA to see Adam's family, and then drove over the mountain for a weekend visit with our friends in Black Mountain, NC. It was amazing. We had such a good time with everyone. I feel like the time flew by, yet we somehow managed to do so many things! In Bristol we went to Bays Mountain for an afternoon, picnicking and seeing the animals.



We went for Noah's first hike with his Nanny and Poppy on the Appalachian Trail, which seemed only fitting for the son of Adam Combs! We went out to Laurel Falls, a beautiful spot, and a beautiful day to spend hiking and talking with each other.



An impromptu nursing...


And a very happy and tired boy...


We also just had some good family down time to hang out. Noah's cousins, Chloe and Christian loved playing with him, and his Aunt JenJen just adores him. I think the feeling is mutual. It was so sweet. We really did enjoy just being all together.



We were able to meet up with our friends Scott, Meg, Frank and Lizzy for a quick lunch, and Knox and Mary for a hug and a 10 minute sit on the porch. There's just never enough time to see everyone as much as you want to!





In Black Mountain we had a much anticipated reunion with many old friends and new babies too. It was a lot of people's first time to meet Noah. The blessing of good friends is too great to put into words. These friends truly are more like family. We stayed with Kiersten and Austin and their two boys and just loved the time we had together. We had a potluck the first night we got there. Saturday morning I was able to spend some time walking around downtown with Niki and Julia and just catching up. A bunch of us met up on the river midday to hang out, and then finished up at the local brewery playing frisbee in the field and watching all the kids play together. We love you all so much and it was so good to spend time with you and your families.









We'll be back soon....!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Oh I miss you guys! What a fun weekend. It was so good to really talk to you and hear about all that's going on. And meet Noah! He is SO lovable and perfect. What an easy-going baby! So glad you guys made it down here. We are praying for you!

Becky Swann said...

Oh I'm surprised my butt picture didn't make the cut! :) Thanks for bringing that sweet baby our way! He is sooooo sweet! Great to see you wish we could have hung out more!

Courtney said...

What a great time you had down south. I love all the photos of your "southern families" And Noah is so cute asleep on Adam's back.